Each week on Recipe Rehab, two celebrity chefs face off in a competition to transform a family's beloved (but not-so-healthy) recipe into a healthier dish, slashing fat and calories without sacrificing flavor. Now those chefs—including Spike Mendelsohn, Aida Mollenkamp, and Candice Kumai—have teamed up to show you how to make these delicious meals in your own kitchen.
- Start the day off right with a Grab-and-Go Bagel and Lox Sandwich, Fully Loaded Breakfast Burrito, or light Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin.
- Satisfy your fast-food cravings with Nachos Supreme, Big Island Burgers, and Crispy Beef Tacos.
- Whip together a weeknight meal in 30 minutes with Orange Chicken, Mexican Pizza, or Miso Salmon.
- Feed a crowd with a simmering pot of Turkey Chili, Beef Burgundy Stew, or Barley Risotto with Fennel and Radicchio.
- Indulge your sweet tooth guilt-free with Strawberry Cheesecake, Lighter Lemon Bars, or Nearly No-Fat Brownies.
With 80 recipes and helpful cooking tips from your favorite chefs, you'll discover new ways to reinvent your weeknight routine and rehab the meals your family loves.
The companion book to the popular TV show, Recipe Rehab offers delicious and healthy makeovers of your favorite foods.
First it was a hit YouTube show from Everyday Health; then it was a popular broadcast TV show; and now, Recipe Rehab is finally a cookbook!
In Recipe Rehab, you’ll discover 80 rehabbed classics from TV chefs such as Spike Mendelsohn, Candice Kumai, and Aida Mollenkamp.
Indulge in all of the foods you love to eat—from Mexican food such as tacos and nachos, to Chinese take-out favorites, satisfying burgers, and carb-lovers pasta picks. These over-the-top dishes have all been transformed into meals that are healthy for the whole family, and simple for the busy home cook.
In Recipe Rehab you’ll find recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and even appetizers, snacks, and desserts—plus tips for rehabbing your own family recipes.
With nutritious kid-friendly dishes such as Chicken Drumsticks and Fish and Chips; party-worthy snacks that range from Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs to Creamy Kale and Artichoke Dip; and decadent desserts, like chocolate cupcakes and Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting; Recipe Rehab is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.