Out of stock rare item. We will try to get it for you.
Add To Basket
Song Samples / Digital Downloads
Celebrated soulful ensemble JJ Grey & Mofro will release their newest recording Ol’ Glory on February 23rd (in Europe) / February 24th (in North America). This album marks their debut on Provogue Records, which is part of the Mascot Label Group. Ol’ Glory contains 12 new songs that feature the deep, soulful blend of blues, rock, folk, funk, gospel, gritty R&B and personal, Southern-inspired narratives that have become synonymous with JJ Grey & Mofro. A true Southern renaissance man, JJ Grey’s intensely charismatic live performances, combined with the incredible musicianship of Mofro, have connected with audiences all over the world. Their work has been praised by the press, including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, NPR, Relix, The Oxford American and many more.
The material on Ol' Glory reflects two themes that run through JJ Grey & Mofro’s entire body of work, a strong sense of place, and finding happiness with where you are in life. The opening track, "Everything Is A Song" is prime example, as is the joyous "Every Minute" with its mantra "loving every minute of living". "Home in the Sky" allows listeners a glimpse at Grey's spirituality strongly rooted in his Florida home and the land he grew up on. JJ Grey is a natural storyteller with a gift for delivering thoughtful and profound messages in a down-to-earth, laid-back way, while maintaining a level of intensity that goes straight to your core.
Ol' Glory was recorded at Retrophonics Studio in Saint Augustine, FL, where Grey has tracked many times. An avid surfer, Grey often spent the mornings at the beach and the afternoons recording, a formula that has proven very effective in creating inspired recordings. Ol' Glory showcases the strength of Mofro members Anthony Cole (drums and percussion), Andrew Trube (guitar), Anthony Farrell (piano/organ), Todd Smallie (bass) and Dennis Marion (trumpet) and Jeff Dazey (saxophone). Special guests include Luther Dickinson on dobro and electric slide guitar and Derek Trucks on electric slide guitar.
• JJ Grey sold over 300.000 copies sold worldwide
• 77.742 Facebook followers / 6250 Twitter followers
• Ol’ Glory contains 12 new songs that feature the deep, soulful blend of blues, rock, folk, funk, gospel, gritty R&B and personal, Southern-inspired narratives.
MARKETING & PROMOTION
• JJ Grey will come to Europe for promotional trip in January 2015 to support Ol’ Glory on TV, radio and print press.
• JJ Grey will intensify activities in Europe. The first EU tour is planned for March 2015, followed a festival run in July and a 3rd tour in the fall
• Campaign will have an extensive print and on-line advertising campaign, targeting rock, blues and southern rock as well as guitar-centric, publications and websites
• Comprehensive social media campaign focusing on JJ Grey fans as well as rock/jazz/blues/jam fans