is filled with funny, genuine stories about life as--and with--a teenage boy. Taken from firsthand experience of successfully living through the teen years and now raising teenagers, Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman cross the minefield of all that teenagerhood holds. From questions, curiosities, and concerns, to hormones and insecurities, key character Jeremy, girlfriend Sara, and best buds Hector and Pierce make muddling through the day memorable.
* Everybody gets Zits because everyone has either been a teenager, is one, will be one, is raising one, or knows one. Maybe that's why this breakthrough work was named Best Newspaper Comic Strip in 1998 and 1999 by the National Cartoonists Society.
* Zits nabbed the Max and Moritz Award for Best International Comic Strip in 2000.
* Jerry Scott won the 2001 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.
* Jim Borgman took home the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Cartooning and he's the only cartoonist to win the National Cartoonists Society's Best Editorial Cartoonist Award five times. He also won the 1993 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.
* ""Zits is being hailed as one of the freshest and most imaginative strips of recent years."" --Los Angeles Times