With over a quarter million copies in print, You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!
is one of the bestselling books on attention deficit disorder (ADD) ever written. There is a great deal of literature about children with ADD. But what do you do if you have ADD and aren't a child anymore? This indispensable reference -- the first of its kind written for adults with ADD by adults with ADD -- focuses on the experiences of adults, offering updated information, practical how-tos and moral support to help readers deal with ADD. It also explains the diagnostic process that distinguishes ADD symptoms from normal lapses in memory, lack of concentration or impulsive behavior. Here's what's new:
- The new medications and their effectiveness
- The effects of ADD on human sexuality
- The differences between male and female ADD -- including falling estrogen levels and its impact on cognitive function
- The power of meditation
- How to move forward with coaching
And the book still includes advice about:
- Achieving balance by analyzing one's strengths and weaknesses
- Getting along in groups, at work and in intimate and family relationships -- including how to decrease discord and chaos
- Learning the mechanics and methods for getting organized and improving memory
- Seeking professional help, including therapy and medication
Edward M. Hallowell, M.D. Harvard Medical School, coauthor of Driven to Distraction Refreshing, engaging, humorous and true. The title alone makes this a book to remember...Should help anyone affected by ADD.