Get the Power You Need-- When You Need It!
If you play sports or exercise regularly, you need to eat differently than the average Jane of Joe. You need to fuel up with foods that maximize your effort and minimize your recovery time. You need to know how much to eat and when, which is why you need the cutting-edge advice and programs offered in Eat Smart, Play Hard.
Exciting advances in sports nutrition have made fueling for exercise easier and more fun. Research now shows that many delicious foods-- chocolate and steak, to name just two-- can boost performance as well as fight disease. Expert nutritionist Liz Applegate, Ph.D., tells you exactly what to eat before, during, and after your hard play to achieve the most powerful fitness results possible. You'll also discover:
* The most effective ways to trim fat and build muscle
* 41 natural superfoods that pack the biggest health advantage
* The latest on sports drinks, energy bars, and gels, along with a comparison of brands
* Which popular nutritional supplements work, and which ones don't
* Detailed diet plans tailored to your sport of choice-- cycling, golf, or running
Today, a growing number of active people are exercising for fitness and fun. To get the most out of your workouts, you need the right fuel at the right time. You need Eat Smart, Play Hard.