These are just a few of the responses readers will hear when they impress their friends with facts from the quirky new book of body trivia, Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers & Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Body
by Francesca Gould.
This collection of little-known facts about the human body answers the questions you have always wanted to ask but never dared to, such as:
The book also offers many unbelievable-but-true historical factoids about the body.
- Can smoking make your teeth fall out?
- Is it safe to eat moldy food after the mold’s been cut off?
- Do intelligent people have bigger brains?
- How do astronauts poo in space?
Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers
- Have you ever heard of Dr. Strangelove Syndrome? It’s a rare condition caused by damage to certain parts in the brain, which results in a person’s hand acting independently and taking on a life of its own.
- Did you know that there is also a rare condition called Foreign Accent Syndrome, which results in people suddenly developing a foreign accent?
- Have you ever wondered if a heart transplant could change your personality? The short answer is, yes!
- Did you know that men used hair gel 2000 years ago during the Iron Age?
offers of cornucopia of body trivia that will have readers cringing with delight! You can read it on the subway, in the bathroom, or even in a heavy downpour! For contrary to popular belief, according to this book, you cannot catch cold by standing in the rain!