In Pardon My Spanglish
, stand-up comedian Bill Santiago chronicles the quintessentially American alegrías of his mother tongue: the quirky, hilariously improvisational fusion of inglés and español spoken by millions (even if they don’t know or admit que están doing it). With crash-course efficiency, cada página de este libro empowers your every step toward Spanglish mastery. How can you not love Spanglish? Twice the vocabulary, half the grammar!
Readers will learn:
• The outlaw syntax of Spanglish (as observed by a comedian with no formal training in linguistics whatsoever)
• Advanced tricks of Spanglish conjugation (“to google”: Yo googleo, tú googleas, nosotros googleamos)
• The Top 10 Best Things About Being Latino (#6: Guaranteed part in high school production of “West Side Story”)
• Why “People en Español” should simply be called “Gente”
• Handy corporate Spanglish phrases, including “Feliz hump day”
• The secret Spanglish agenda of Dora the Explorer
• ¡And mucho más!
Full of dead-on observations about immigration paniqueo, “oprima el dos” backlash, and every politically incorrect sentiment in between, Pardon My Spanglish
is essential reading for Latinos—and the Latino-curious.