In Hidden America, LIFE's editors explain the subtleties of our countrys history--and of its present day--with stunning, often beautiful and constantly surprising photography as well as evocative text. America is filled with tantalizing riddles both natural and unnatural, and LIFE's editors solve those that can be solved in this fascinating--and beautiful--illustrated tour of our sometimes odd country.
Among the destinations visited are:
- Mystery Hill, New Hampshire
- The chamber in Washington D.C. holding the Constitution
- The Anasazi ruins
- The Great Serpent Mound in Ohio
- The summit of Mount McKinley
- The ship graveyard off the Florida Keys