Delicious everyday meals you can eat to your heart's content!
Flavor-rich, family-friendly and heart-healthy--sound too good to be true? Not when you have Betty Crocker Healthy Heart Cookbook in your kitchen.
Betty Crocker has teamed up with the Director of The Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease and a nutritionist from the Bell Institute of Health & Nutrition to help you and your family eat well and feel your best. Here's to your heart!
* Over 140 delectable recipes that are heart-healthy and easy to make, including Grilled Barbecued Beef and Bean Burgers, Gorgonzola Linguine with Toasted Walnuts, Oatmeal-Cranberry Muffins and Creme Caramel
* Real-life advice from people who have--or are working to prevent--heart disease and who share great ideas on heart-smart food shopping, prepping and serving
* Up-to-date information on heart disease, including risk factors, testing, prevention and treatment
* Seven-day menu plan with a week's worth of healthy meals and snacks
* Nutrition information with every recipe, plus Carbohydrate Exchanges and Carbohydrate Choices for stress-free meal planning
* Heart health resource guide and a glossary of heart-healthy terms
"An essential guide for making it fun and easy to stay heart-healthy--this book is a must-have."
--Rita F. Redberg, M.D.
Director, Women's Cardiovascular Services
University of California at San Francisco
Table of contents:
Eat to Your Heart’s Content!
1. Start Your Day with Breakfast.
2. Smart Snacks and Breads.
3. Pleasing-to-Your-Heart Fish.
4. Take Heart with Poultry and Meat.
5. Easy Dinners in 25 Minutes.
6. Great Grains, Beans and Legumes.
7. Simple Salads and Vegetables.
8. Treat Your Heart to Dessert.
A Menu Plan with Your Heart in Mind.
Glossary of Heart-Healthy Terms.
The Doctor Explains Heart Tests.
Pantry Planner for Heart Health.
Helpful Nutrition and Cooking Information.
Metric Conversion Guide.
The Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease.