Choosing a compassionate lifestyle that makes you feel good and positively impacts on the environment and on animals has never been easier. In this practical and accessible handbook, loaded with resources for all products that are mentioned, Ingrid Newkirk presents fabulous options that will not only enhance your life, but those of your neighbors, your community, animals, and the earth itself.
From comfortable home furnishings, to delicious foods, to fashionable clothing there are a myriad of choices to be made that can have a lasting positive effect on the well-being of animals and the environment, including:
- recognizing hidden animal ingredients in cosmetics and household products
- raising ecologically aware and animal-friendly kids
- creating healthy, environmentally-friendly meals for everyday and special occasions
- dressing with style without using leather or other animal products
- dealing kindly with mice, insects, and other 'pests' in home or garden
- adopting the right animal companion for you
- volunteering and investing in eco- and animal-friendly companies
- traveling with Eco-consciousness
""As this book explores, acts of kindness, even in the simplest ways, are what make our lives meaningful, bringing happiness to ourselves and others.""
- The Dalai Lama
""This powerful book offers easy ways to make your compassionate mark on the world.""
""Ingrid Newkirk's wonderful new book is about us - about how in a world so violent and cruel, there is no way to pretend we're kind people unless we extend our kindness to those who are the most innocent and helpless.""
- Bill Maher, host of ""Real Time with Bill Maher""
""Ingrid Newkirk's book shows us practical ways to foster compassion towards animals. She is a true teacher.""
- Martin Sheen