SIX OF RICKLES’ FAVORITE EPISODES FROM SEASON TWO OF CPO SHARKEY!
For two seasons (1976–1978) and 37 episodes, Don Rickles brought his distinctive brand of comedy to NBC television as the star of CPO SHARKEY
. As a 24-year naval veteran, Chief Petty Officer Otto Sharkey had seen and heard it all. He was politically incorrect before the term existed, and the recruits he whipped into shape at the San Diego naval training center received most of his shards of wisdom. They may have been hockey pucks, but they were his hockey pucks—ready, willing, and able to endure one verbal Shark attack after another.
Sharkey is fuming when the new captain proposes that “the chief with the biggest beer belly” get in shape—and both are chagrined when the captain is forced to take Sharkey on as his personal aide. Sharkey gleefully bails out his guys by foiling a crooked used-car salesman. He’s earned his gotcha moment; it sure beats squirming all day. He has to take a flight for Navy business, but his fear of flying has him panicked. His girlfriend, Natalie, accuses him of being insensitive. To top it all off, when he goes in for a routine physical he’s mistaken for a psychiatric patient! THE BEST OF SEASON TWO features six episodes selected by Mr. Warmth himself!
- The New Captain
- Sharkey Flies over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Close Encounters of the Worst Kind
- Captain’s Right Hand Man
- Fear of Flying
- The Used-Car Caper
- This is classic television comedy, perfect for fans of The Carol Burnett Show, Mama’s Family and The Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts and other great comedy.
- One of the last of the great old-school comedians, at 89, Rickles is still going strong.
- Six of Rickles’ favorite episodes from Season Two.