This is the clearest, most useful guide to parliamentary procedure, now with new information on effective and reliable procedures for nominations, elections, ballots, balloting, and ballot counting.
Table of contents:
PART I: Meetings and Organizations.
1. The Basics.
2. The Order of a Business Meeting.
3. Presenting Business to the Assembly.
4. Debating the Motion.
PART II: Motions Simplified.
7. Using Subsidiary Motions to Help Adopt a Main Motion.
8. Using Privileged Motions.
9. Using Incidental Motions.
10. Using Motions That Bring a Question Again Before the Assembly.
PART III: Membership.
12. Nominations and Elections.
14. The Role of the Member.
PART IV: Meetings and Strategies.
17. Strategies for Individual Motions Illustrated.
18. Most Frequently Asked Questions.
PART V: Governing Documents.
19. Various Types of Governing Documents.
PART VI: Appendices.
Appendix A: Correct Parliamentary Terminology.
Appendix B: Meeting Script.
Appendix C: Sample Minutes.
Appendix D: Steps in Making a Motion.
Appendix E: Ranking of Motions.
Appendix F: A History.
Appendix G: Who Was Henry Robert?
Appendix H: National Organizations.
Appendix I: Motions That Take a Majority Vote.
Appendix J: Motions That Take a Two-Thirds Vote.