Study Smart. Study Less.
Sports, extracurricular activities, your job, hangin' with friends—you have a life! You simply don't have time to spend hours studying every day! Improving Your Study Skills helps you really get cracking when you do crack the books. It helps you cram a lot of learning into a little time with tips on:
- Using technology to study and work more efficiently
- Organizing your time and space
- Note-taking and organization
- Strengthening your reading skills
- Choosing classes strategically
- Getting the typical "10% of your grade" for class participation
- Using the library and other resources efficiently
- Writing papers—from choosing the theme to proofing
- Studying for tests and overcoming the jitters
- Strategies for taking various types of tests
Whether you're in high school or college—an average student, an honors student, or barely getting by—Improving Your Study Skills will help you up your grades without giving up your life.
With Improving Your Study Skills, CliffsNotes—the resource that helps millions get to and through college—now helps you study smart and study less.
Table of contents:
1. Making Good Grades.
2. Getting Organized.
4. Taking Notes.
5. Studying for Tests.
6. Taking Tests.
7. Doing Research.
8. Writing Papers.
9. Using Technology.
10. Getting Extra Help.
11. Dealing with Problems.