Buybacks at Bull Moose FAQ
First things first, what is a "buyback"? A buyback is when you're selling your stuff to us so it can become our stuff and we can sell it someone else and it can become their stuff.
Does that mean I need to have bought it from Bull Moose first? Nope! You can sell us stuff you've picked up from anywhere over the years (though we are happy when you recycle things you got at Bull Moose back to us)
So do I only get store credit? There is a bonus when you choose store credit, but you can still get cash if you want. You can even mix&match if you'd like to take some as credit and the rest as cash!
That all sounds good, how does it work? Basically you just bring your stuff on down to your local store and our staff will help you through the process! Oftentimes we can process your items on the spot but for larger collections you may want to call ahead or prepared to wait a little bit. Note: you must be physically present at the start of the transaction, but we can finalize it over the phone if you leave before the buyback is complete.
What kind of stuff do you buy? If its media or pop culture related, we buy it! Below this FAQ you'll find a list of some of the stuff we're most interested in, but if you're ever not sure it can't hurt to bring something by and see if we can make you an offer on it.
- We buy any movie on a shiny disc, but we especially are interested in your Blu-Ray and 4K UHD discs. Horror and animation especially are always in high demand, and we'd love to have a look at your collection.
- We may also be interested in your collection of movies on collectible formats like Laser Disc or RCA video, but just call ahead first!
- Movies must be in boxes with their original artwork
- CDs must be in cases and with their original artwork
- We buy all genres of music, but are especially interested in Punk, Metal, Hip-Hop, and Imports.
- We take buybacks on 33s and 45s (no 78s, sorry!)
- We're most interested in classic rock and modern artists.
- We may be pickier about jazz & classical compared to other genres; but we'd still like to have a look!
- For collections with rare or highly sought-after pressings make sure you call ahead and speak with a Head Clerk to set up an appointment.
- We love modern fiction, YA, Manga, and Graphic Novels!
- We may be pickier about reference and hobby books (cooking, travel, etc) but we'd still like to take look!
- Books should be minimal wear and internal markings
- No book club editions please!
- We buy any video game cartridge, disc, accessory, or system all the way from Atari2600 up through PS5.
- Your retro games (Playstation and older) may be worth more than you think, so bring 'em by and let us make an offer!
- Disc based games must be cased and have their original artwork. Cartridges can be loose!
- We also buy board games so long as they have all of their pieces! We love modern ones especially (Catan, Ticket to Ride, CaH, etc)
Toys & Collectibles
- Does it look cool on a shelf? We'd love to buy it!
- Action Figures, LEGO sets (in box or already assembled), Funko Pops, Statues, you name it!